Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm Headed Back to Cali, Cali, Cali!

Good food, wine and/or beer, guitar playing, oh and more beer...we must have spent the weekend in California! Dillon and went out to California last weekend to welcome my little brother home from Afghanistan. I'm super proud of him and love him for giving me the excuse to get out of dodge and see the California Dudziaks. It's been a long time since I've been out to California to visit my family out there and it was obviously long over due. We got to see all of our cousins, their kids, Tom and Connie's new house and of course, my little Emily! It was a great time. We got out there on Thursday night and then Friday had an impromptu dinner party at Tom and Connie's. Then Saturday was Tom's homecoming party. It was mostly all family and just what I needed. We made fajitas and drank beer and sat around the fire pit later in the night with Bryan playing his guitar. Talk about a perfect night. We all toasted Tom and he and Connie even took a moment out to toast Dillon and I for our engagement. (Thanks guys!) Dillon got to spend more time with that part of my family than he ever has. I think he may be reconsidering the engagement now...hahaha...just kidding. Actually I think that I was just right and he and the California cousins got along greatly. He did however see just how many kids there are in my family and got a little taste of the craziness that will surround our wedding. It's going to be so much fun though.
So, California...it's been to long and I promise we won't let it be that long until we come back again. Who knows, maybe Dillon will work at the Orange County Airport someday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like how Dillon referred to all the kids as land mines :)

    ReplyDelete