Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hooray!

What a great way to spend the holidays! As many of your already know I am engaged! Dillon asked on Wednesday the 22nd of December and it was great. We went to exchange Christmas presents and I gave him the complete box set of the television series The Wire, little did I know that was a completely small gift compared to his plan. Then he handed me a massive box wrapped in bright red paper with a big green bow on it. I ripped off the paper and started digging through the massive amount of packing peanuts enclosed to try and find what I then thought was probably a gift certificate or an ipod maybe at the bottom of the box. I kept digging and just wasn't finding anything. He then asked me "Oh, is it not in there? Where is it?" My response was something about trying to find it and I must be missing it in the box. His next response was "Oh, wait, that's because it's right here!" He then pulled out the box and opened it. He asked me, with a huge grin on his face, to MARRY HIM! Then the cutest thing was he said, oh wait, sorry, and then got down on one knee and asked me again! That was so great.
So, obviously, with the picture of the ring below I said yes. I'm in love with the ring, it's the 3 diamond style in white gold. The stones are princess cut because he always calls me his princess and he thought that's what they should be. I honestly had no idea that it was happening until he opened the box. It didn't come in a regular ring box so when he pulled the box out I thought it was maybe earrings or a necklace. He said that I starred at the box for a while but I really don't remember just sitting there. I remember saying yes and it all happening so fast!
So now we're enjoying the holidays with our families and we'll start making plans in the new year for what we are going to do and when. I can't believe it's finally here and it's going to be so much fun to plan our wedding now! Check out the ring below!!




2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I'm so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Abby!! What a cute story, now I'm really bummed that I missed you in Abilene! Hope to catch up soon ;)
    Jamie B.

    ReplyDelete