Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Wow, 2010 is basically over!! I can't believe it! This year has been crazy and brought alot of changes. Thinking back to the beginning of 2010, well I was pretty miserable. That is, I found out I was loosing my health insurance at midnight on new year's eve and I had just gotten into a car accident a few days before that totaled my car. It was pretty intense. So Dillon and I had a quiet evening of watching TV, hanging out with his brother and the dogs. I also had to open the bar the next morning so there was no crazy party going to happen anyway but still, I usually would have done more. It was an okay night but I was in no way looking forward to a better year since 2009 basically sucked!!
Well this time, looking back, I've had an amazing year. It's great how you can start the year feeling pessimistic and end up with, well, a glowing feeling at the end of the year. This year we started out living in Houston and working at a bar, really just waiting for the call for Dillon's job. Well, we got that call in June and everything changed on July 19th. We moved from Houston and Dillon started his training. My wonderful parents took me in so that Dillon could go to OKC and focus and I could basically spend 3 months traveling and playing Monopoly City with my Mom (the most wonderful game ever!). After an exhausting search we found a place to live in Abilene and moved there on October 19th. Come to think of it, the 19th was basically moving day for us this year. Now, we're living in the exciting town of Abilene and Dillon is doing amazing at this job. He's found the job he was meant to do and it's so fun to see that playing out for him.
With so many exciting things this past year (have I used the word exciting too much in this post) I'd have to say that the most exciting is obvious. We got engaged!! It's great because I have learned something, I got what I always wanted. I always said that I not only wanted to know I wanted to say yes but that I wanted to be more excited about being married than the wedding. Well, I got that! It must be meant to be!
So now we all know what 2011 will bring. It might not be a wedding yet (you all may need to wait until 2012) but it will bring wedding planning and hopefully a job for me to help pay for that wedding. Happy New Year everyone and cheers to you for a great 2011!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't said congratulations (actually isn't it best wishes to the bride-to-be?...either way!) so congrats AND best wishes! I am so excited for you. I can't think of a better person to get their happily ever after. :o)

    I love the hope and excitement in your post. It makes me excited for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete