Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chicken Again???

In my search for new recipes I have found that I seem to be gravitating way to much to chicken. Since I've been unemployed and in a new city without gaggles of friends to hang out with I find myself doing a lot of cooking. It's been fun and I think that Dillon's certainly loving it. I spend a lot time on the Cooking Light website, trying to keep us healthy and it's been working. I now find that I'm in a rut though. Not in cooking the same recipes over and over again but with my main ingredient.
I've always known that chicken can be one of the healthiest proteins you can cook with but there is really nothing more boring to me than a plain grilled chicken breast (well, maybe a plain poached chicken breast). Oh, and here in Abilene we are not allowed to have grills on our apartment patios so grilling a chicken breast is out of the question anyway. So, I've been making healthy chicken dishes cooking it in other ways and working on developing good flavors from it. Now I find Dillon asking me what we're making for dinner and then answering the question right back, chicken.
Basically what I need are some good recipes for beef or fish maybe. The key here is healthy and it cannot be grilled either because that isn't an option for us. We're open to pork but really aren't big fans as much of that, probably because I don't really know how to cook it well. I'd really love to get my Dillon interested in fish more so maybe I'll start trying that but overall, he's never been a big fan of fish.
So cooking gods out there - please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment