Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Brides, Brides, Brides...

Back to life as usual.  Holiday season is over and it's back to normal days at the office and thankfully no more holiday parties.  What I am crawling with is BRIDES.  It's not a bad thing though.  We're actually really starting to fill up for 2009 and working on 2010.  It's exciting and exhausting at the same time.  Really it's some of my currently schedules brides that are driving me crazy and are exhausting.  I have this one wedding coming up that is really "country comes to town."  I don't mean to make fun of them but the bride is 20 years old and her bridesmaids are her sisters who are 16 and 13.  I finally got the bride to pick food she wanted to taste for the meal and she brought her sisters with her.  They tasted all of the food and then her sisters asked if their was a kids meal we would be serving (chicken tenders and french fries) and if they could have that instead because this food was too much for them.  We are a 4 diamond property with an award winning chef so it's a bit weird for people above the age of 8 to be asking for chicken tenders.  Then this bride informed me that she had put within her invitation a choice for her guests of chicken, beef or fish.  This is NOT something we allow.  If we are going to allow a choice of entree that is preselected ahead of time we might do it for less than 100 guests and we would only allow 2 choices, not 3!  What I have enjoyed a bit of (an I do feel just a bit bad that I'm enjoying) is that she's now stressed out because of all of the work that it takes when you offer your guests a choice of entree.  To do this you have to make sure all of your guests actually respond with their choice filled out and then create a seating chart for then and then create place cards that somehow show our waitstaff which of these entrees your guests are having.  As of right now she only has about 50 guests who have actually RSVPed and her guest count is due in 2 weeks.  She's estimated to have around 120 guests. This could become interesting!  I'll keep this updated!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny!! But I'm sorry you're having such a time...I would definitely be enjoying her misery and stress too =)

    ReplyDelete