Wedding Countdown!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!  Can't believe it's 2009 but it was fun ringing it in.  I actually had to work all night at the hotel, we had a huge party in the lobby and then a wedding in the ballroom.  A really cute couple getting married and a lot of drunk people downstairs.  It's really amazing what people will do out on a night like that.  I know I've had some crazy nights of drinking and partying but I really don't think that I've ever been all that bad.  Really there was just a lot of stumbling around and falling down.  My coworkers and I really enjoyed laughing a lot at them.  It was nice though because even though we were working we were joking, laughing, dancing and even had a glass of champagne at midnight.  We did have to kick some people out for smoking pot in our Den which amazed my bosses but really, come on, how can that surprise you on NYE!  
The amazing part for me was in the wedding.  We had all of the guests in the ballroom, seated and waiting for the announcement of the bride and groom and they ended up having to sit and wait.  This being at 9PM at night when the guests have yet to have dinner.  Turns out the Mother of the Groom decided to stop on the way from the church to get pizza.  She held things up for almost 45 minutes!  She also got up immediately after being announced and the couple starting there first dance to go out of the ballroom to the bathroom.  How can a mother not want to see her son's first dance at his wedding with his new wife??  I just really don't get it!  My banquet manager thinks that it was because the couple were from different races and maybe she didn't approve.  I hope that this wasn't it because that is so sad; but something was definitely going on.
Well at least after getting done around 130AM I made it out of the hotel and to the bar where Dillon and some of our friends were just in time to have 1 drink before they closed.  It was definitely a needed drink after a very long night!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun night of work! Glad you were able to meet up with Dillon at the end of it. Yeah, 2009!

    ReplyDelete